Tuesday 1 March 2016

Goosnargh cakes

Well, this was suggested to me by Angela Lawson.
I had heard about Goosnargh cakes previously, and remember thinking that I would like to try to make them for myself.  A good start.
However, that's where the trail went cool.  I couldn't find an exact recipe for Goosnargh cakes, what I did find was a very sketchy recipe, almost as vague as some of the recipes in my Grandma Sharp's recipe book.  Some of these were just a list of ingredients and an oven temperature and time.  This recipe wasn't much clearer.
I have managed to make some though.  They are a variation on a basic shortbread recipe, with less sugar mixed in, but sprinkled liberally with sugar before baking.  They do have ground coriander and caraway seeds as well, the recipe doesn't give amounts though, so that was purely guesswork.
The resultant biscuits are very good, and I would probably use more of the caraway and coriander when I make them next.
I might have made them a shade too thin though, another thing to rectify next time I make them.
This is definitely one recipe I will use again.

Next suggestion, please. 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment