Saturday 8 November 2014

Brioche

I have been trying recipes, but forgot that I had created this blog.
Last weekend I had a go at making brioche.  It's nice as it is, or toasted.
After making it, I can see why it's more expensive than other breads.
The dough itself starts out quite sloppy and sticky and even a little lumpy. No intense kneading.  You just cover the dough leave it for 15 minutes, then simply fold the edges into the middle, then repeat a further two times.  After the third time, you spread softened bitter over the surface of the dough, and repeat the folding process, until the butter is all mixed in.
Then you leave the dough to rise, 45 minutes to an hour in the loaf tin. Then you bake it, for around 25 minutes.  When it is done, it should be left in the tin to cool before turning out.
I was very pleased with the result.  It's a little more "rustic" than commercially produced brioche, but tastes great. (I mean the brioche is a little coarsely grained when you slice it, by rustic)
Brioche takes time to make, but well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment