Wednesday 8 July 2015

This week.....seed cake!

A while back I bought some caraway seeds, to make Rye bread for someone very special.  However, even though my attempt at Rye Bread was seriously well received, I haven't had a use for the caraway seeds lately.
So.....I was browsing and found a recipe for seed cake. I knew this was a recipe dating back at least to Victorian times, maybe further back.  So I thought I would give it a try.
It's a simple recipe....
A basic Madeira cake recipe, with just a teaspoon/ or 5grams of caraway seeds.
Bake for an hour at 140 degrees Celsius in a fan oven.
But.....it really is a very nice cake, something that I possibly wouldn't have even tried if I didn't have the caraway seeds, but I am so glad I tried out this rarely used recipe.
What would I recommend?  Try it, you will be pleasantly surprised, but remember.....do not over do the caraway seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment